2022 Summer School Information
Kaiser High Summer 2022
Registration Procedures and Information
Important information about the Kaiser High School Summer Program is outlined below. You must read this document and discuss it with your child prior to completing the online registration form.
Kaiser Students ONLY: March 11, 2022 - March 25, 2022
Open to all DOE students: March 26, 2022 - April 15, 2022
To register, select one of the following options:
- Use this Online Google form. https://bit.ly/22KaiserSummerReg
- Pick up a Kaiser Summer School packet in the front office, and submit your hard copy summer school registration (yellow sheet in the packet) to the Kaiser High School Office by April 15th.
Families will receive a confirmation email regarding registration or waitlist for courses. Please refrain from enrolling at multiple schools for the same course, and notify the summer school director [email protected] right away if your plans for summer enrollment changes. We’d like to provide opportunities for as many students as possible.
Summer School Schedule
Date: June 3, 2022 - July 8, 2022, Monday through Friday
Times: 8:00am - 1:00pm with a 15 minute break
Holidays (no school):
- June 10 - King Kamehameha Day
- July 4 - Independence day
Students must complete 120 hours of instruction for one (1) credit.
There are 9 credit recovery courses, 2 advancement courses, and 3 workshop classes (see below). The students will be expected to attend all classes in-person everyday. Each class will have a maximum of 25 students.
See Course Guide for specific course information.
- Reading Workshop (incoming grade 9 only) (0.5 credit)
- Writing Workshop (incoming grade 9 only) (0.5 credit)
- Math Workshop (incoming grade 9 only) (0.5 credit)
- Algebra 1 (credit recovery only) (1.0 credit)
- Geometry (credit recovery only) (1.0 credit)
- Geometry (advancement - must have a B or better in Algebra 1) (1.0 credit) ● Algebra 2 (advancement - must have a B or better in Algebra 1 and Geometry) (1.0 credit) ● Biology (credit recovery only) (1.0 credit)
- Health Today & Tomorrow (credit recovery only) (0.5 credit)
- PE Lifetime Fitness (credit recovery only) (0.5 credit)
- World History (credit recovery only) (1.0 credit)
- US History (credit recovery only) (1.0 credit)
- Modern History of Hawaii (credit recovery only; or IBDP/IBCP students) (0.5 credit) ● Participation in Democracy (credit recovery only; or IBDP/IBCP students) (0.5 credit)
The following will apply for the safety of all students, teachers, and staff:
- Every student, teacher and staff member is expected to wear an appropriate fitting mask at all times when indoors. A mask will be provided if a student forgets. Any student who refuses to wear a mask properly or not at all, will not be allowed on campus and may be released from the summer program.
- Students will be required to maintain social distancing (minimum 3 feet apart at all times.) ● Students will use hand sanitizer upon entry to each class and will have access to a bathroom with soap.
Kaiser High School summer programs are free this year.
All students are expected to attend class everyday. If a student is absent from class at any point during the day for more than 15 minutes, it will be considered an absence.
Reporting an absence:
- If your child has any COVID-related symptoms, do not attend the in-person session. Please contact the teacher and the Summer School Director prior to 8:15am on the morning of the absence.
- Students are allowed up to one absence for full credit courses since one day is almost the equivalent of two weeks.
- The student will be required to make up any work missed from an absence. ● The only excused absences are for COVID-related illness. In order for the student to return to school, they will need to provide evidence of a negative test result or a doctor’s note. ● All other absences are considered unexcused.
- Please do not plan any appointments or trips during designated school hours.
- Three tardies will be allowed as long as each tardy does not exceed 15 minutes per day. (two tardies equal one absence)
- The student will be required to make up any work missed from being tardy.
Students who have two absences or four tardies or aggregate of absences and tardies that equal two absences, i.e. 1 absence and 2 tardies, will receive a grade of “F” and will be dismissed from summer school.
- All DOE Chapter 19 rules apply. Please review with your child.
- By submitting the Summer School online registration form, you are agreeing to the statements as laid out in the Technology Responsible Use Form.
Grades will be available in Infinite Campus and will be updated weekly.
Report cards will be mailed home within one week from the end of the session.
Any questions regarding Kaiser High Summer School, please contact Kristie Yamamoto, Summer School Director, at [email protected].
Page 2 of 2