Hawaiʻi Keiki Nurse
Kaiser High School is proud to announce that we have a full time registered nurse on-site for the Kaiser Complex Area.
Please welcome Jennifer Lercara BSN, RN! Nurse Lercara is a part of the Hawaiʻi Keiki Program: Healthy & Ready to Learn partnership with Nancy Atmospera-Walch School of Nursing and the HIDOE.
Jennifer is available to be an educator, consultant, health resource, and clinician for students and staff.
Hawaiʻi Keiki Nurse capabilities are as follows:
- assessment of student and applicable treatments
- Motrin/Tylenol for pain and fever
- splints and heat and ice packs
- full vital signs
- menstrual cramps
- wound cleansing/treatment
- Binax rapid Covid testing
- More severe issues of emergencies such as falls/seizures/hypo and hyperglycemic incidents/heat exhaustion/cardiac emergencies/allergic reactions/asthma and reactive airway problems.
- Basic life saving
- Mental health resources as well as staff psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner that has telehealth appointments and a Family Nurse Practitioner that also has telehealth appointments.
To utilize Hawaiʻi Keiki Nurse services, please fill out the following consent forms:
- Hawaiʻi Keiki Parental Consent From
- Terms and Conditions of Services for Treatment
The Notice of Privacy Act is for your information only.
**NEW! ONLINE CONSENT FORM
Nurse Lercara is from Fort Myers FL., and pursued her nursing career after she received an Honorable Discharge from the US Coast Guard. She has been a registered nurse for 12 years and is pursuing her degree in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner here in Hawaiʻi. Jennifer has also been an emergency room and trauma nurse from Yale Hospital in Connecticut. Jenniferʻs passion is helping others and integrating herself into the community to help the students in any way possible.
In her spare time, Jennifer enjoys hiking, exploring and water activities here on this beautiful island.
Welcome Nurse Lercara!