Hawaiʻi Keiki Nurse
- assessment of student and applicable treatments
- Motrin/Tylenol for pain and fever
- splints and heat and ice packs
- full vital signs
- menstrual cramps
- wound cleansing/treatment
- Binax rapid Covid testing
- More severe issues of emergencies such as falls/seizures/hypo and hyperglycemic incidents/heat exhaustion/cardiac emergencies/allergic reactions/asthma and reactive airway problems.
- Basic life saving
- Mental health resources as well as staff psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner that has telehealth appointments and a Family Nurse Practitioner that also has telehealth appointments.
- Hawaiʻi Keiki Parental Consent From
- Terms and Conditions of Services for Treatment
Lexy Myers is joining the Hawaii Keiki Program as the Kaiser Complex Nurse based at Kaiser High School. This position has been created through the Hawaii Keiki Program, a partnership of the Nancy Atmospera-Walch School of Nursing and the Hawaii State Department of Education.
Your complex nurse is here to support your school and the surrounding schools within the Kaiser Complex. She is available to help act as an educator, consultant, health resource, and clinician. Nurse Lexy will work in collaboration with your school health assistant to support the health needs of the students at your schools.
Lexy is originally from Toms River, NJ. She has an educational background in Sports Medicine, Pharmacy, as well as Nursing. Her previous Nursing experience includes assisting within the community vaccination effort against COVID-19 at United Community & Family Services, Norwich, Connecticut; caring for individuals with special challenges in physical and cognitive needs at Berkeley Citizens, Inc. in Moncks Corner, South Carolina; and caring for the critically ill in the Intensive Care Unit at Trident Medical Center in North Charleston, South Carolina. In her spare time, Lexy enjoys spending time with her two little boys and husband on this beautiful island.
Lexy’s passion is helping others in any way possible and is excited to share her knowledge, skills, and experience with you. Feel free to contact her at any time!