DIPLOMA AWARDING EVENT INFORMATION
Diplomas will be picked up at this drive-thru event on Friday, May 22, in the Kaiser High School parking lot. To ensure the health and safety of everyone, seniors and their families will not be allowed to get out of vehicles. The following items will be distributed: high school diplomas, health records, honors certificates, valedictorian medals, graduate lei, and some special gifts. The campus will be decorated, seniors’ photos will be posted along the fence, a DJ will be playing music, and a professional photographer will be on site for individual senior photos to be taken.
The schedule below, organized alphabetically by last name, should be followed:
12:00 - 1:00pm (A - F)
1:00 - 2:00pm (G - K)
2:00 - 3:00pm (L - R)
3:00 - 4:00pm (S - Z)
*Students without a vehicle, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Detailed information can be found at bit.ly/Kaiserdiploma.
KAISER VIRTUAL COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY AND DIPLOMA DISTRIBUTION
Aloha kākou. In the wake of Superintendent Kishimoto’s announcement that all public school graduation ceremonies shall be virtual, we want to inform you that Kaiser High School is planning a virtual commencement ceremony that will include as many traditional graduation components as possible. The ceremony will be streamed at the original time and date reserved for Kaiser’s graduation: May 22nd, Friday, at 6:00pm. A drive-through diploma distribution will take place on May 26th. More information regarding both of these events will be forthcoming. Please continue to check your email for updates.
Click here for letter from Principal Mew: Kaiser Virtual Commencement
SENIORS – NEED SENIOR PHOTO FOR GRADUATION DUE APRIL 29TH
As a substitute for you walking across the stage, we will use a photo of you for the virtual ceremony. While your name is read, a display featuring your photo and name will show on the screen. Email one photo, according to the following specifications, to email@example.com, by 11:59pm on Wednesday, April 29.
- A photo of the graduate in cap and gown is preferred. Professional senior portraits are also acceptable.
- Portrait/Vertical image of graduate (not landscape). Photo may be resized by Kaiser HS.
- Unedited - no text, graphics, filters, stickers, etc.
- 4. Passport or yearbook style photo, camera pointed directly at graduate (no angles)
- 5. Background is not distracting or busy (recommend: landscape or wall)
- 6. If submitting a cap and gown photo then the cap should remain on the head with the tassel placed on the left. Honor graduates may also wear the honor stole over the gown. Honor graduates will be contacted by Friday, April 24.
- 7. No lei, sunglasses, hand gestures
- 8. Photo saved with the file name LastName_FirstName
- 9. Accepted files: PNG, JPEG, TIFF
- 10. If you do not submit a cap and gown photo or senior portrait, then we will use your senior yearbook photo for the ceremony
Seniors: Required Graduation Attire:
The required graduation attire will be as follows:
- All graduates must have the Jostens cap, gown, tassel, and lei (to be distributed in the gym before graduation) on a hanger when they report to the gym the night of graduation.
- Refrain from wearing any big/flashy jewelry.
- All graduates must obey Kaiser's dress code and the requirements below. Graduates whose attire does not meet the dress code/requirements will be sent home to change.
You may chose one of the two options below:
- Option 1: A completely black dress should be either a scoop or v-neck that does not show over the neckline of the gown. Dress should be longer than the fingertips when hands are placed at sides and shorter than the gown. Shoes must be completely black. Wedges no higher than 3 inches and flats are acceptable; please bring chunky heels in person to be approved by Ms. Oyama in C204 by May 1, 2019. No stilettos or spiky heels.
- Option 2: Completely white, long-sleeved collared dress shirt, black dress slacks, black tie, black dress socks, and black dress shoes. No athletic shoes/sneakers, printed ties/shirts/etc, bowties.