SENIOR CONTRACT & CHAPTER 19 REMINDER
This is a reminder that Senior Contract is in effect for the remainder of the school year. Senior Contract is about Chapter 19, student discipline and the different Class Offenses (A, B, C, D). Please note that ATTENDANCE (unexcused absences and tardies) is considered a Class C/D offenses and can prevent you from participating in the Graduation Ceremony. Participating in the Graduation Ceremony is a privilege and not a right. It is important that you make good choices, attend school daily and on time, complete your course work and exhibit good behavior.
Parents: We need your support to continue encouraging your son/daughter to push through this final semester of high school. We would like to see ALL of our students participate in the Graduation Ceremony.
SENIOR GRADUATION CAP & GOWN ORDERS
Graduating seniors who plan to participate in the graduation ceremony must order a cap and gown package from Jostens. Following are the ordering and payment options:
1) Submit order and either deposit of $60 or payment in full during the KAP town hall on Wednesday, November 6, OR via regular mail by November 30.
2) Order online at jostens.com (search Kaiser High School) by December 15. Online orders can be an automatic 3-payment option with a credit card or payment in full with e-check, PayPal, or credit card.
Seniors who missed the town hall on October 2 need to pick up a Jostens graduation order packet from Ms. Ishii in counseling or Mr. Bogard in the library. A pdf of the presentation for this townhall can be found here: Graduation Information
Seniors: Required Graduation Attire:
The required graduation attire will be as follows:
- All graduates must have the Jostens cap, gown, tassel, and lei (to be distributed in the gym before graduation) on a hanger when they report to the gym the night of graduation.
- Refrain from wearing any big/flashy jewelry.
- All graduates must obey Kaiser's dress code and the requirements below. Graduates whose attire does not meet the dress code/requirements will be sent home to change.
You may chose one of the two options below:
- Option 1: A completely black dress should be either a scoop or v-neck that does not show over the neckline of the gown. Dress should be longer than the fingertips when hands are placed at sides and shorter than the gown. Shoes must be completely black. Wedges no higher than 3 inches and flats are acceptable; please bring chunky heels in person to be approved by Ms. Oyama in C204 by May 1, 2019. No stilettos or spiky heels.
- Option 2: Completely white, long-sleeved collared dress shirt, black dress slacks, black tie, black dress socks, and black dress shoes. No athletic shoes/sneakers, printed ties/shirts/etc, bowties.